Parade Of Souls

Parade Of Souls

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Meet Emily Costello

Emily Costello of Emily Costello ART
will be bringing her unique style of work to the
Parade of Souls Art show this Saturday.
 I'm mainly a self-taught painter and mixed media artist that finds much of my inspiration from my heritage and its cultural icons and images.  I'm irresistibly attracted to the curious and bizarre and create images that amuse and intrigue me. Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) are abundant in my work.  I also love to paint my skully babies and try to give them their own creepy but cute personalities.   

  I left my corporate job several years ago and I now paint full-time.  Since then I've exhibited in over a dozen local and out-of-state groups shows, including Vision Gallery, the Arizona Historical Museum, Arizona Latino Cultural Center, XICO Gallery, The Desert Botanical Garden, Adelante Gallery, Alwun House, The City of Tempe, The Ice House, ChimMaya Gallery in East L.A., and Puente Allegre in San Francisco, CA. 
Currently I  volunteer at Maricopa del Artes/YMCA; a program that blends fine art and academic instruction, social and emotional support, GED and work readiness training to young adults.  I also teach youth art classes at Vision Kidz in Chandler
Emily Costello's art has been featured on azcentral.com, Arizona Foothills Magazine, Visual Source, and Latino Perspectives Magazine.  BIC recently released a special collection of their lighter with her art images.  Recent commissions include Chicanos Por La Causa/Parenting Arizona 2012 Champions for Children; and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Phoenix. 
Emily was also selected this year as one of eight Arizona artists to create art for the
2012 Governor's Art Awards.

To see more of Emily Costello's work, and to learn about her
up-coming events
click HERE

or contact her through email by clicking HERE

Save time on Saturday to shop the
Parade of Souls Halloween and Fall Art Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment