Parade Of Souls

Parade Of Souls

Monday, August 27, 2012

Meet Debra McKee

Meet Debra McKee
of 
Twisted Sisters' Designs 
I grew up in Iowa so Halloween usually was "freezing" as I would say as a child.
I always had to wear winter clothes under my costume.  It seems like I was a witch most
of the time.  At least that is what I remember.  Once in a while I was a "Hobo".  You know...
charcoal on the face, black hat, crummy clothes and a nap sack tied to a stick.  Nothing
store bought or exotic. 
  
Creating art is a personal choice, and for me, life revolves around art.  Whether it is dance, music, drawing, painting or jewelry design, the arts draw me in.
    My jewelry design began with a workshop on twisted wire bangle bracelets.  This workshop launched me on a path that has gone in many directions.  After months of designing jewelry with beads made by other artists, I decided it was time to have my pieces made entirely by me so I began classes in lampwork bead design.  I am now several years into lampworking and find that I learn something new each time I sit down at my torch.
     Next came the medium of Precious Metal Clay (PMC).  PMC is a fairly new medium.  The product originates in clay form.  The clay is the binder for tiny particles of silver.  When fired in a kiln, the clay burns away and the pure silver remains.  PMC is an incredible and versatile  product which also comes in copper and bronze.
Most recently I have been delving into the world of enameling, soldering, resin and found object jewelry.  I love anything old and unusual.  To incorporate that into my jewelry design is very exciting.  
My art studio is located in a building that was originally a blacksmith shop.  The adobe building was built in 1911 and is now home to Twisted Sisters’ Designs.    We are located at 48 South Robson, Suite 102 in historic downtown Mesa.
For more information about classes at Twisted Sisters Designs click HERE
     It is very important to me for each of my designs to reflect my personality and love of art.
Debra McKee,
 Twisted Sisters’ Designs
for more information about
Debra and Twisted Sister's designs
visit
http://www.twistedsistersdesigns.net

No comments:

Post a Comment